Debugging The M706 Teletype Receiver: Part 2

I replaced the last two output flip flops (e5 and e10) and put the Flip Chip back in the computer. I ran the send/receive program to test things out. No errors in the received characters were seen.

To test things a little further I loaded the BIN loader and started loading some diagnostics, and finally, the "Acid Test" as Warren used to call it, I loaded Focal (which is a large enough program it is broken into two parts.) All of these ran perfectly.

Interestingly, when I clipped out one of the 7474s, a small piece of the plastic case fell off, so it would appear that this one was most certainly a problem.



Soon a friend of mine, and myself, and I will be working on getting the ASR33 Teletype up and running. 

Stay tuned!

Comments

  1. Glad to see work re-commencing! This is a great project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Power Supply: The Mystery Continues

Serial and Other Diagnostics